Can you believe that we are almost to the end of the QAL? It’s time to turn those gorgeous blocks you’ve been piecing into a quilt top, if you haven’t already! But no worries, we’ve given you lots of time to catch up on blocks and turn your project into a beautiful quilt top (and hopefully into an actual quilt!).
All you have to do is get the top done by the end of April to enter the Grand Prize giveaway.
It has been such a pleasure to host this QAL with Patty. The interest and participation has been beyond our wildest dreams! It’s been so fun to see all of your different blocks–the color schemes and fabric choices so unique and beautiful. Most of all, finding out that there are so many kindred spirits out there who value the art of slow stitching has been so gratifying.
To give you an incentive to keep working on your project, we thought that it would be fun to give you a peek a the fabulous prizes–all provided by our wonderful sponsors. Here are the four (4!) grand prizes:
- A $50 gift certificate to the Fat Quarter Shop.
3. Two thread packs from Aurifil: Calm 80 wt. and Necessities 50 wt.
4. A hand piecing tool kit including:
- Clover needles
- Clover leather thimble
- Clover metal tip thimble
- Clover applique pins
- Clover wonder clips
- Olfa cutting mat
- Olfa 28mm rotary cutter
- Olfa ruler
- Famore snips
- Jinny Beyer Perfect Piecer
- Robot Mom Sews thread conditioner
- Quilt Ficton: Birds in the Air and Margaret Goes Modern by Frances O’Roark Dowell
To be eligible to win one of the four grand prizes, you must:
- Share a photo of a completed quilt top (i.e. the flimsy) or a completed quilt in the grand prize link-up (opens April 4) or via email.
- The quilt top (blocks, sashing and borders) must be entirely hand pieced.
- Quilt tops must use at least five unique blocks from the Hand Pieced QAL. You can use any layout that you chose for your quilt top (Instructions for two possible layouts can be found here.)
- Blocks can be constructed using different units (ex: using two HST to make a flying geese). Blocks can also be made a different size.
Check back tomorrow for the grand prize link up!
Want to catch up on all the Hand Pieced QAL posts? Click here.
Join our growing community for the Hand Pieced QAL over on Facebook–it’s a great way to interact with like-minded people and share our love for quilting and hand piecing. We love to see your blocks and share both your challenges and successes!
And don’t forget to sign up for the Hand Pieced QAL newsletter to make sure that you don’t miss any posts!