Are you ready for another Hand Pieced Quilt Along?
Today marks the release of the next QAL pattern: Harmony. It is available immediately as a PDF download for just $10.
You can quilt along with Patty and me, with lots of tips and tricks, prizes, and community support–or go ahead and sew at your own pace. It’s your choice.
The Harmony pattern features a large, 28” x 28” block that is perfect for a wall hanging or put four Harmony blocks together for a beautiful throw size quilt that gives the illusion of curves in a secondary pattern. (See more pics of Patty’s gorgeous throw size quilt.) It’s perfect for yardage and is also fat quarter friendly.
The Harmony digital (PDF) pattern includes:
- All the instructions for each unit, block construction, and final quilt top settings for wall hanging and throw quilt
- Templates for all quilt blocks (and rotary cutting instructions where possible)
- Coloring page
The Harmony block features nine different sub-units that create its striking design. We will work our way through the units during the QAL—providing tips, tricks, and support.
How the Quilt Along Works:
- Purchase the Harmony pattern
- There will be two check-in sponsored link-ups during the QAL and we will be awarding prizes to six entrants in each check-in link-up! To be eligible for a check-in prize, you must:
- Share a single photo of any completed units and which have not previously been shared.
- Duplicate shares will be disqualified.
- Units must be entirely hand pieced.
- There will be four Grand Prize winners. To be eligible for a grand prize, you must:
- Share a photo of a completed quilt top (i.e. the flimsy) or a completed quilt.
- The quilt top must be entirely hand pieced.
- Your quilt top must contain at least one completed Harmony block.
- You are welcome to change the size of the Harmony block– but your finished block must visually match the design of a block from the Hand Pieced QAL and be entirely hand pieced.
- Prizes are randomly awarded. Winners will be notified by email.
Everyone who purchases a pattern by February 14, 2021, will automatically be entered in a Bonus Giveaway for a special hand piecing toolkit!
The QAL kicks off on February 22 and continues until June. We will work through the units in the order they appear in the pattern, with new blog posts with tips and inspiration each Monday.
Please don’t worry about falling behind – the QAL is supposed to be fun! We’ve built in time during the link-up weeks for you to catch up and post your units.
We are excited to get started, so grab a copy of the pattern and start thinking about your fabric choices!
If you have any trouble ordering the pattern, please don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com– we’ll be happy to help!
Thanks to our wonderful sponsors who make it so fun to share your blocks!
Hand Piecing Resources
- Tips on using Templates – see the video
- Marking Stitching Lines – see the video
- The Running Stitch – see the video
- Sewing Seam Allowances– see the video
- Basic Block tutorials from Hand Pieced QAL 2019 – see the video playlist
- Flying Geese Stitch & Flip assembly option
- Square in a Square Stitch & Flip assembly option
- Sewing Blocks with Partial Seams – see the videos here and here
- Curves made easy – see the video
Or check out the whole Hand Piecing Basics video playlist on YouTube.
Stay in touch and join our community so you don’t miss a thing!
- Join our Hand Pieced Quilt Along Facebook Group
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Follow Simply Everyday Handmade and Elm Street Quilts on Instagram
Pin it for later: