Edited to add: Congratulations to this week’s winner: Michelle M.!
This link-up will be open for one week – until Thursday, February 28 (6 am EST/3 am PST). You are welcome to share any and all of the blocks you completed this week. When this link-up closes, a new one will open (magic!) so please don’t worry if you fall behind.
The lucky winner will receive a copy of Birds in the Air, Margaret Goes Modern plus a prize package from Colonial Needle Company.
Quiltfiction is the online home for the quilting stories of Frances O’Roark Dowell, author of the novels Birds in the Air, Friendship Album, 1933 (audio only), the short story collection, Margaret Goes Modern, and the forthcoming Stars Upon Stars.
Colonial Needle Company provides the finest needles, notions, threads and needlepoint supplies for crafting enthusiasts of all skill levels
Photos can be shared from a blog, Flickr, or Pinterest and much include a link to Elm Street Quilts or Simple Handmade Everyday. Photos can also be shared via a public Instagram and must contain the tag #handpiecedqal. Check out this post for a complete tutorial.
Don’t have a way to share? You can also email them to handpiecedqal at gmail dot com.
Blocks shared must follow the guidelines below to be eligible to win a prize.
We hope you take a few minutes to visit others and make new friends!
Please note – sharing a photo in the link-up gives Elm Street Quilts and Simple Handmade Everyday permission to feature a photo of your block on their sites. Full attribution will be given.
- Blocks must be entirely hand pieced.
- Block must visually match a block from the QAL. The block can be constructed using different units (eg: using two HSTs to make a flying geese). Blocks can also be made a different size.
- Finished blocks can be shared in any link-up but can only be shared once. Duplicates will be disqualified.
- Multiple blocks created by one quilter may be shared in the same link-up.
- Winners will be chosen randomly and notified via email. Winners have 72 hours to claim their prize – if we don’t hear back, we will draw another name. Once winners have claimed their prize, the link-up post will be updated with the winner’s name.
- This prize is only available to be shipped within the US.
I invite you to join our growing community for the Hand Pieced QAL over on Facebook–it’s a great way to interact with like-minded people and share our love for quilting and handwork.
And don’t forget to sign up for the Hand Pieced QAL newsletter to make sure that you don’t miss any posts!